For all of you photogs out there, I am in a bit of dilemma, and wouldn’t mind a suggestion or 2, or at least point me in the right direction, here is the problem:
Imagine you are “the official” photographer in the group when your friend and you go out to party, celebrate birthday and what not, then you come home, download the images, fix and tweak a little bit of this and little bit of that. And then what?? you see, this is where the dilemma lies:
It is not unlikely that I went a little trigger happy when I went to the event, resulting in hundreds of pics, although I only see couple images out of the whole batch good enough, there’s always more than 2 friends that wants every single one of the images that I’ve taken in that activity.
So my question is, how I keep both of my friend and I happy??
What my friend want:
What I want:
Selected few images
The solution I’ve found so far:
1. Flickr – Although linking every single images from the shoot (hundreds) to post to the blog is a painstakingly slow process, I kind of like the result the more I look at it.
Pro: + Looks very nice
+ Easy to get to specific image (or skip the ones that you could care less about :))
Con: – Pain in the butt to link every images to post (I find the link to medium thumbnail size in Flickr work the best, not too big, not too small)
– There’s no batch download (I found something called FlickrDown that allows batch downloading for Windows, nothing for Mac yet)
2. BubbleShare –
Pro: + Familiar Flickr like interface
+ Easy to upload (No monthly bandwidth limit or last 200 images limit like Flickr)
+ Creates slideshow with flash by default, makes it easy to link the images
+ Built-in batch download (no additional software required.) Click on any one of the images in the slide show, on the right side it will give you a link that lets you download all the images in the slideshow with 1 easy zip file
Con: – Restriction on the file dimension
– Virtually no support, the forum is flooded with SPAM
– Uses flash (initial load time could be long depends on how many images you have)
– Could only skip forward or backward with 1 image at a time. (Excellent finger exercise if you want to show somebody the 499 image out of the 500 in the slideshow)
3. Combination of both???
Is there anything blog/image hosting combination out there that will let me link the images thumbnails to the blog without repetitive clicking??